Saturday, May 4, 2013

Take, these chicken wings and learn to fly again...

About two months ago, we were invited to our friends house for dinner. My friend's mom made us chicken wings as an appetizer which were really good. After that mom became obsessed with making the perfect red hot chicken wings. 

So it's fitting that the first recipe I attempted was from the appetizer chapter; Buffalo Chicken Wings, page 60. The recipe is different in two ways. It calls for the wings to be coated with flour and cooking them in the oven for 20 minutes. then the barbecue sauce was poured on and the wings were cooked for another 12 minutes. 


My mom (and my friend's mom), fries their wings first to crisp them up. Then they go in the oven to finish cooking. The wings are tossed in the sauce when they are done cooking. 


The Betty Crocker wings were not crispy. They we heavy on the sauce and a little...soft...it's the only word I can think of. 


My mom and sister didn't like Betty Crocker's wings. They said that they were too sweet and too much floury sauce. I liked them.


The barbecue sauce was made with cajun seasoning and ground cumin. 
I used Bull's Eye Bold Original. 
I did not use the red pepper sauce because I didn't know what that was.
As a side dish I made a Caesar Salad, page 454. It was really easy because I used store bought salad dressing. So I guess I didn't really make Betty's Caesar Salad.

Delicious, sweet and saucy chicken wings.
Do you have a favourite wing recipe that you would like to share? 

Muffins for my lunch kit are up next. See you then.


2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I do prefer Frank's Red Hot Sauce. Love the title. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Zobo!!! Those wings look sooooooo good!!!!!!! I do agree that the title is awesome!

    ReplyDelete