Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Muffins or Cake-ins?

I recently started to watch the movie Julie & Julia.  I didn't finish because I fell asleep (not because I didn't like it). I decided to watch the movie to learn more about Julie, (the girl that blogged her way through a cookbook). I'm also learning about Julia Child who is way more interesting to me. 

Great movie. I highly recommend it. 
Funny, Julia and I both love food. 

On a side note, I did learn that Betty Crocker isn't a real person-DISAPPOINTED. 

Anyways, let's get to the muffins. A few days ago I made banana chocolate chip muffins. I used the blueberry muffin recipe, page 98-99. I omitted the blueberries and added in 3 ripe bananas. I also had to use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar. The best part was that I added close to a full bag of chocolate chips. 
My Muffins. Delicious!

One nice feature throughout this cookbook is a section called Learn With Betty. It shows what your food should look like and examples of what it shouldn't look like. Mine looked like the muffin shown in the middle.

Learn With Betty
Oops, I over mixed. But did they taste good? Yes. One day I ate four; one for breakfast, one for lunch, one for after school snack and one for dessert. I think they tasted like sweet cake. Why are they called muffins? I think they should be called cake-ins.

Thoughts? 

Next, should I make RED VELVET CAKE or CARAMEL STICKY ROLLS?

3 comments:

  1. Your cake-ins look really good. I would love for you to try the Caramel Sticky Rolls or the Cinnamon Rolls. I think you would have a blast trying the yeast bread recipes. Are you going to finish watching the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS FOR SHARING A MUFFIN WITH ME THE OTHER DAY -- IT WAS VERY GOOD. I LOOK FORWARD TO TRYING YOUR CINNAMON BUNS. YOUR MOTHER'S WERE GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should TOTALLY make the caramel sticky rolls!!!!!!!! And Betty Crocker isn't real??????!!!!!!!!! :( i always thought she was? anyway i look forward to your sticky rolls!!! :)

    ReplyDelete