Thursday, May 2, 2013

Betty Crocker, Here I Come!

Here I am bogging sphere. Some people call me Zobo. My mom calls me Zobi-1-kenobi. Here's to hoping that the force is with me as I start my first blog.

I have an assignment for my grade 6 Language Arts class. I have to read three different genres in less than three months and report on each book. The first book I read was A Mango Shaped Space by Wendy Mass. I did a visual project for the summary by creating a book trailer using iMovie. For my second book I have been reading the Betty Crocker Cookbook: 1500 recipes for the way you cook today. Yes I have been reading the cookbook. Before I share with you some of the recipes that I will be trying, I will start with the beginnings of a book summary for you. Here it goes.

The Cookbook
First Year of Publication: 1950. That was 63 years ago. I am reading the 11th edition.

Number of Pages: 687.

Main Characters: Me and Betty. I should probably find some more information on who Betty Crocker is or was (?).

Supporting Characters: Essential cooking tools such as, cutting boards, knives, pots, pans, and so on, Betty has a full chapter on equipment needed for the kitchen. Other supporting characters in this book study will be my mom (she will be financing this project) and the food (of corse). 

Describe the Setting of this Book (When, Where): The setting of this book study will take place in our kitchen. Mom says our kitchen is "cheap and cheerful". I say our kitchen is small but it gets the job done. I imagine another setting will be the grocery store. 

 Our corner store.
Describe the Main Conflict: The main conflict at this point is that I don't know how to make anything. Today I burnt popcorn. Actually, I am good with the toaster. My goal is to resolve this conflict by attempting some recipes. 

Describe Three or More Main Events: Stay tuned for this. 

I hope you come on this journey with me. To quote my mom's favourite cook, "Toujours bon appetite!"



3 comments:

  1. What a great learning journey you're embarking on Zobi-1. I will be following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am laughing with joy at your blog. I am definitely coming with you on this journey. Thank you for the invitation. As one of my favourite cooks says, "Food is memory, let's make some."
      Fuji

      Delete
  2. Hi Zoe
    Your sense of humour shines through your writing. I would love to join you on this journey; please use me as a taste tester anytime;

    ReplyDelete